A Note A Day While He’s Away
My boyfriend recently went to Guatemala for a month and I knew it would be difficult to communicate with him. I decided to send him off with a little package full of things that would make him smile and remind him of just how much I love and miss him. I’ll tell you what I did and how to do it. P.S. He LOVED it 🙂
- Container (for candy)
- Mini cards and envelopes
- Small Photo Album
- Favorite pictures of the 2 of you
- Get a mini version of his favorite candy (his was Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups)
- Count out the number of days he will be gone and set aside that many candies
- Number each candy on the bottom
- Put the candies in a container (I decorated the container too!)
- Gather as many envelopes for as many days as he will be gone and number them (just as you did the candies)
- Write a note in each envelope or put a picture inside. You can do anything really!
- Each day he can draw a candy from the container
- He will look at the number on the bottom of the candy and open that corresponding envelope.
- If it is pictures, he can put them into the photo album you sent with him. If It is a note, he will smile and think of you 🙂
- My boyfriend was gone over Halloween, so I made sure that he had a special envelope to open on Oct. 31st
- Some of the notes were things I loved about him, while some were special tasks for him to do: take two pictures that day – one for me and one for him. Some were a bit racy, and some were simple and sweet. Have fun with it! You will be sure that he’ll be missing you like crazy!