Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Sometimes I want an adult version of regular spaghetti and meatballs. So when I found the recipe for creamy cajun chicken pasta
I was pretty excited! A very healthy and easy meal, this pasta dish freezes well for leftovers for the week! This makes 6 servings, each about 1 1/2 cup each
- Whole Wheat rotini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp cajun seasoning (I used a salt free one)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup reduced fat sr. cream
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions for garnish.
- Cook your pasta according to package
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add Chicken, bell pepper, garlic, Cajun seasoning and pepper. Cook stirring, until the onion and bell pepper are beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to coat. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook stirring often, until the sauce is bubbling and thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, stir in sr. cream
- Stir the pasta into the sauce, serve with sprinkled scallions.
Per Serving: 329 Cals; 8g fat; 43g carbohydrates; 25 g protein
* TIP: I served some of the leftover sauce and chicken on a TORTILLA instead of with noodles, and it was delish!