Healthy Oven Baked Fajitas
These are SO easy and SO delicious!!! My friends and roommates can vouch for that – they enjoyed them just as much as I did! I found this fajita recipe on Pinterest and it was linked back to Real Mom Kitchen – so apparently it’s kid friendly too 🙂 I made a few alterations to make it even healthier!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I cut these into strips after cooking them, but you can do it before hand if you want.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 12 whole wheat tortillas
- Any toppings you want I used Guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in a greased 13×9 baking dish
- Use a small bowl to combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt. Mix.
- Toss the spice mixture evenly over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers and onions. Stir to combine.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.