Thanks For The Dates Gift
When my BF and I started dating I wrote down each of our dates – what we did and when we did it. Then, for his birthday, I wrote down about 5 of my favorite dates and bought him something that could be associated with each one. I made wine cork photo holders (he loves wine) and placed a note in each photo holder slot. Refer to the picture for a better idea! I then snuck into his room and set them all over for him to find later! Here’s the step-by-step guide to the Thanks For The Dates Gift for your significant other.
- Wine corks
- Gauge bare copper wire
- Wire Cutters
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Colorful paper for the notes
- Gifts to go along with each date/note
Photo Holder: I got this tutorial from Mamie Jane’s. Check our her tutorial for photos!
- Shave off a bit of one side of each cork so that it can sit flat on a surface. (refer to picture below)
- Cut 12 inch pieces of wire (one for each picture holder)
- Bend the wire at a right angle, about in the middle of the wire.
- Turn the wire toward you, so that the bent piece is facing you
- Use a glue stick to wrap the wire around to make your circular photo holder –> hold the glue stick at the bend in the wire and begin wrapping around the glue stick, away from you. Do this 2 times
- Slide the glue stick off and cut the extra ‘tail’ with your cutter
- Use your pliers to curl the remaining piece of the wire around, towards the circle.
- Cut the wire to desired length and carefully press end of wire into a wine cork.
Notes and Gifts
- Write out your favorite dates on picture size pieces of paper. Buy a gift to go along with each note –> Examples: “I was amazed after our very first date. The music and hot chocolate were such thoughtful touches. It was a sign of things to come.” I bought hot chocolate mix to go along with this. “I loved that you held my hand and agreed to get a DIET coke and popcorn WITHOUT butter for our first movie date.” I bought popcorn and movie tickets to go along with this gift.
- Place each piece of paper into the picture holders.
- Place the picture holders throughout his room/the house, etc. Set each gift with each date.
I love Gavin Degraw, so for our 4th date he bought the GD CD and we had dinner in candlelight! I bought him a candle to go along with this gift.