Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Lemon Pasta with Chicken
This is another recipe I found from Pinterest (follow me!) and altered to make healthier and more of a complete meal (added chicken, you need that protein!) Here is the original post in case you want it, but I prefer mine :).
Makes 5-6 medium sized servings, 4 larger servings.
- Al Denta Spinach Fettuccini Pasta (any pasta will work though) about 6 oz
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I used a bit less)
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1-2 tsp basil
- 5 to 5.5 oz log soft fresh goat cheese (the pre crumbled cheese will not melt as well)
- 2-3 grilled chicken breasts, cut into strips or cubes. (So mine were pre-cooked)
- Cook the pasta until almost tender, or about 3 minutes shy of what the package suggests. Add asparagus and cook until firm/tender, another 2-3 minutes. Drain both pasta and asparagus together, RESERVING one cup of pasta water.
- Combine olive oil, lemon zest, basil, and cheese (break it up as you put it in) in a large bowl
- Add hot pasta and asparagus to the bowl along with a couple splashes of the pasta water.
- Throw in the cubed/cut chicken
- Toss until smoothly combined, adding more pasta water if needed (I did not need any extra).
- Season with salt and pepper, and add lemon juice if you want!