Easy Hair For a Night Out
I’ll be the first to admit that I am terrible at styling my hair – I don’t even own a blow dryer! So when I attended a formal last weekend, I was a bit nervous about what I would do to make my hair look fanciful :). My boyfriend helped me pick out a hairstyle that looked cute and easy (thanks Anna Paquin!) and it was definitely doable. If you like how it looks, here’s how to do it!
- Loosely curl the bottom half of your hair. You want that wispy look like Anna has.
- Spray the curls and lightly run your fingers through them to loosen them more.
- Starting at the top of your ears, grab the top half of your hair and clip that whole section so that it is out-of-the-way. Leave bangs out.
- Put the remaining half in a ponytail.
- Unclip the top half and grab a small section at the front, so that it is even all the way across.
- Use hair spray or hair styling powder and tease this section.
- Flip that section forward and grab a section directly behind the first; do the same thing.
- Continue to do this until you have teased all of the hair that is not in the ponytail.
- Flip these sections back over and comb out any knots. Basically make it look smooth.
- Grab that hair and push it up into a poof and pin just below the crown of your head.
- Take out your ponytail and grab one 1-2 inch sections on each side to pull to the back and pin on top of the pins for the poof.
- If you have bangs, smooth and curl them under a bit.
- Re-curl the bottoms of the hair that is left hanging (mine still didn’t stay in but that is my hair!).
- Spray and go!