One Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms and Spinach
I love my healthy chicken dishes! I also love when they are easy and take less than 20 minutes to make :). This dish is basic but yummy and can be whipped up on those days when you don’t have time for much chopping, cutting, dicing, or cooking. Even better, it’s healthy, low in calories and fat, and will fill you up!
Makes 4 small servings, 2 large servings.
- 2 pre-cooked bone in chicken breasts with ribs ( 2-3 grilled chicken breasts will certainly work too, I just had leftovers!)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste (you can also use a full can of diced tomatoes if you do not want tomato paste)
- 3/4 bag frozen (thawed) spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 c red wine
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper, and italian seasoning to taste.
- If your chicken is not precooked, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the chicken and cook for 5-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Set aside and cover to keep warm. *If your chicken is precooked, ignore step #1 and jump right into the next step.
- Add the garlic to the hot pan (you may need more olive oil if you just cooked up the chicken) and cook for 2-3 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, and spinach and sauté on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the red wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the chicken and cook on medium low for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the burner and remove pan from heat. Add in the parmesan, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and stir to coat.