Greek Yogurt Choc. Chip Cookie Dough
Ok, this is AMAZING. I made it the other day and have been having it almost every day since! It’s super easy, tasty, and healthy :). It’s great for a mid-afternoon or late night snack!
Serving Size: 1
Healthy Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 1 TBSP Peanut Butter (I use Smuckers organic chunky)
- A few drops of vanilla extract (can use up to a tsp.)
- 1-2 TBSP mini dark chocolate chips
- Combine yogurt, peanut butter, and vanilla in a bowl, stirring well.
- Add chocolate chips. Either mix in or leave on top.
1. Greek yogurt
- PROTEIN!!!! An 8 oz. serving of greek yogurt has as much protein as 3 oz. of meat. Protein helps build lean muscle and helps to keep you full.
- Greek yogurt has fewer carbs than regular yogurt. This means that it has less lactose, making it easier for our digestive systems to tolerate.
- It has a lower sodium content than regular yogurt
2. Peanut Butter (Remember, a serving size is 2 TBSP!!)
- PB has the winning combination of fiber and protein that fills you up, so that you eat less in the long run.
- Fat is not bad! As long as it’s the healthy kind :). Lucky for you, PB contains monounsaturated fat (MUFAS), which are linked to less belly fat and a decreased risk of heart disease.
- PB is packed with nutrition: Magnesium, Vitamin E, Potassium, and Vitamin B6.
- Here is even more information about health benefits of peanut butter.
3. Dark Chocolate
- Dark chocolate contains antioxidants, particularly, flavonoids. Flavonoids help to increase the flexibility of veins and arteries, lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of heart attack.
- Dark chocolate contains tryptophan, a chemical in the brain that is used to produce serotonin, which in turn stimulates the secretion of endorphins – your natural opiate if you will.
- It lessens cravings: dark chocolate has a low glycemic index, which steadies blood sugar levels.